Wednesday 3 March 2010

No Diplomacy

 By Nkop Mmekeme and Araromi Afeh



 "But you desire honesty from the heart, so you can teach me to be wise in my inmost being.Psalm.51:6 (NLT)


The lyrics of the popular hymn by Joseph Scriven (1819-1886), "What a friend we have in Jesus" describes our message for today clearly. Our focus today is the line that says, "Oh what peace we often forfeit, oh what needless pain we bear, all because we do not carry, everything to God in prayer."

I have come to discover that many Christians go before God trying to modify the true conditions of their hearts, they become hypocritical in their relationship with God. I tell you, God desires the kind of honesty that emanates from the heart and has no joy in our engaging in diplomacy when we come to present our issues before Him. God expects you to tell him exactly how your situation is because He already sees and knows. All He needs you to do is to acknowledge it before Him, and trustfully let Him take charge and turn the situation of things to your own good.

Remember if God Himself is omnipresent then He is also all-knowing. As such, there cannot be any pretense before Him and He cannot be deceived; so every man automatically gets what he bargains for by his or her attitude towards God. It is worthy to note that our attitude towards God will eventually determine our altitude both in this life and in the life to come.

Let me (Afeh) use something that happened in my life some time ago to explain. At a point, I began to have some emotional attachment towards a certain sister who was my friend. Sincerely, she is gorgeous and I can boldly say that any time and any day, she was a terrific person to hook up with. But I knew within me that my friendship with this dynamic lady wasn't commissioned to tow this new direction. All I had to do was meet with God.

So one night, I talked with God as I paced the floor and it was just like a friend talking with another friend who was in the room. I told the Father how I felt without mincing words, I told Him that I needed His help urgently so I don't do something stupid. God answered. And it was a beautiful thing. God so purged me that all those feelings simply disappeared. It was so easy and simple. I simply talked with my Father concerning the situation and He solved my crisis. Two days later, I discovered that I could enjoy that sister's company without all those emotions that were springing up.

See, God is actually interested in every single thing that happens in our lives, but He would not just intrude into our affairs. No, He would not except we give Him the chance to do so. Most times the problems we face in some aspects of our lives come as a result of not letting God call the shots in those aspects of our lives.

One of the commonest aspects where such problems prevail is in the area of our relationship(s). Many of us are not patient enough to wait for God’s approval before we kick off, as such we end up in crises and come back to ask God ‘’why?’’  Our relationship with God is on the basis that He is in charge of all that goes on in our lives, outside that there is no deal. This is as serious as it could be. No negotiations! No diplomacy!

Today, there is still a chance to put him in charge of all that pertains to you, and see him bring you into a perfect life of all round peace. Bear in mind, your attitude towards God is an important factor in determining your ALTITUDE in life!

Prayer: Dear Lord, i come in honesty of heart before you, laying everything that pertains to me and i ask that you take absolute control in Jesus Name. Amen.

Further Study:  1.Sam.30:1-20

Do not forget to add your comments after reading. also check our blog ARCHIVES on the right side of your browsing window so that you can read other posts. Stay connected ans remain blessed!

1 comment:

  1. Nice post. I was checking constantly this
    blog and I'm impressed! Extremely helpful info specially the last part :) I care for such info much. I was seeking this certain information for a very long time. Thank you and good luck.

    Also visit my blog post :: page

    ReplyDelete

Please, feel free to make your comments about the articles or messages on this blog-site but remember; be honest, and godly in your statements. For counseling on private issues, feel free to mail or call. God bless you.

Keme's Blog List